Monday, November 7, 2016

Butter beans with butter, mint and lime

Beans... was not my favorite food, I don't like it so much when I was young. The taste was not good, it is always sold frozen with carrots and other vegetables... my mother liked cooking it with pasta and serve in soup.

Now I like it more, as I can cook in the way I like. I found this recipe is delicious especially serving with pasta, serving like salad. Or you can serve as first course :)




Ingredients
6 cups water
1 tbsp salt
600g frozen butter beans

3 tbsp butter
Juices of 2 limes
1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
salt & ground black pepper
1 tsp grated lime zest

Instructions
1.In a saucepan, boil water & salt over high heat
Add beans & cook until tender, about 10-12 mins or until you can poke the beans by a fork
Drain water and try to remove water as much as possible

2. In a serving bowl, put butter and place beans on the top, mix well until butter melted
Add lime juice & mix well
Add in mint, salt & pepper

Sprinkle lime zest on the top

Enjoy!

No comments: