Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pavlova with seasonal fruits for summer

Pavlova is a great dessert in summer as it serves with fruits AND I just bought some cream this morning!

Basically pavlova consists of meringue, cream and fruits.

Here are the tips about making meringue, click here & read it before you make it.

Ingredients
2 egg white (for 2 -4person)
Few drops of lemon juice
100g icing sugar
1tsp corn starch
1/2tsp vanilla extract
Optional: tartar powder

Whipping cream - at least 30% cream
Icing sugar

Fruits - any fruits you have at home, I used raspberry and mango
Honey (optional)

Instructions
1. Preheat oven at 150°c

2. Whisk egg white with lemon juice until it forms soft peaks
Add in icing sugar, little by little, until it becomes shiny
NOTE: From my experience, it is VERY important that you taste the egg white, to see if you want to add more icing sugar!! the amount of sugar is just a guideline, you may want to add less or more sugar, adjust the amount according to your preference. It tastes like marshmallow... yum...

4. Add in corn starch and vanilla extract

5. Line the baking sheet on the baking tray
Pour the mixture to the tray, you may want to use a piping bag, but I didn't because I want it to be in natural shape
What I did - I made 2 nest-shape on the tray, one for me and one for my husband lol
Note: my suggestion is that you can make the middle a bit hollow like a nest because it is always difficult to completely cook the middle part, but don't worry if the egg white is not completely cook, it is normal

6. When you place the white egg in the oven, reduce the heat to 120°c and bake for 50mins or until it is a bit golden color

7. Turn off the oven and let the meringue cool down in the oven

8. Whip the cream until it becomes firm, you can add some icing sugar
Here you need to taste the cream to see how sweet you want, remind yourself that the egg white will be very sweet too...
Note: My suggestion - I added green tea powder & little icing sugar to balance the sweetness of the egg white

9. Pour the whipped cream on the top of the meringue
Place the fruits on the top of the cream
I poured some honey on the top too, it's very delicious

Enjoy!

No comments: